Friday, March 19, 2010

A fun family easter egg project!

I want to share a fun Easter egg activity you can do with your family. I did this last year with my kids (6, 8 and 10 years old), plus, my husband Don. It is an activity the whole family will enjoy doing. It is dyeing eggs using old silk ties.

The directions can be found here...

Here is a basket full of silk eggs made by my friend in Arkansas.  She makes these with her adult children every year and they LOVE IT!


I went to the local Good Will store and bought silk ties (must be silk). We had so much fun dyeing eggs while Easter dinner was cooking.
Have fun and let me know how your family enjoys this activity that can become a tradition to be handed down to many generations to come. Send me photos of your prize eggs! Feel free to share this blog with your friends, and have them send me their egg pictures too! 

E-mail egg photos to jallen (at) loudoun.k12.va.us

Have an eggs-eptional fun time!

Those who are in the FACS classes at LCPS can bring their egg creation to school and will will take a picture of it and post it on the blog for all to see!  Thanks for participating.
These Eggs were made by Meri-Tate - I think they look Eggs-ceptional!
Thanks for sharing these with us!

Some more eggs brought in by Laura, Lauren and Grace - Beautiful job girls!

The fabric under the few eggs above where the fabrisc used to die the eggs.  A really cool way to transfer dye to the eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCLA - Be A Part of It!